Greeting from the Leader
Design for Living Tissue
In the field of medicine and cell biology, there is an increasing demand for in vitro models that capture the function of living tissues. To capture the in vivo function in engineered tissues, there is a need to create bio-structures that mimic the hierarchical architecture and complexity of living tissues. Therefore, controlling cell microenvironment in a highly controllable, reproducible and scalable manner is necessary.By exploiting innovative approaches including microfabrication techniques (MEMS) and material science, we focus on development of three-dimensional engineered tissues for regenerative medicine and fundamental cell biology.
Yukiko Tsuda. MATSUNAGA
Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo
Center for International Research on Integrative Biomedical Systems
- LEE’s paper (Journal of Materials Chemistry B) has been accepted.
- LEE gave oral presentation at the 27th Intelligent Materials / System Symposium.
- MATSUNAGA gave a talk at the “Cardiovascular and metabolic week (CVMW) 2017” (Osaka)
- Takahashi, Pauty, Usuba, and Lee had poster presentation at CVMW 2017. (Osaka)
- MATSUNAGA gave a talk at the Consortium of Biological Sciences 2017 (Kobe, Hyogo)
- Our lab was introduced by the Mynavi media. (web)
- TAKAHASHI, USUBA and LEE had poster presentation at the 39th Annual meeting of the Japanese society for biomaterials (Tokyo)
- TAKAHASHI and RYU gave oral presentation at the 12th annual meeting of the Nano biomedical society(Tsukuba)
- Beauty and health seminar (medical tahichi) was held for the first time (IIS Tokyo)
- USUBA was selected for overseas challenge program for the young researchers and started his work at Pasteur institute (Lille, Frane)
- MATSUNAGA attended a talk session at Royal college of Art (London, UK)
- TACHIZAWA and TAKAHASHI’s paper on gel fiber was accepted by ACS Applie Materials and Interfaces.
- TAKAHASHI had poster presentation and MATSUNAGA gave a talk at the meeting of the Japanese Society for Cell synthesis research (Kyoto)
- MATSUNAGA gave a talk at the 3rd scientific meeting of the Tie-2 Lymph and blood vessel society (Tokyo)
- LEE visited Royal college of art and gave a talk (London, UK)
- USUBA and LEE attended 11th NAMIS Autumn School and had poster presentation (IMTEK/University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany)
- RYU had an oral presentation at the meeting of the architectural institute of Japan 2017 (Hiroshima)
- NAGATA (UROP) had oral presentation at UROP (IIS Tokyo)
- Irene Cheng (Amgen Scholar) had a poster presentation at the Amgen scholars japan symposium (Tokyo)
- MATSUNAGA gave a talk at The Annual Meeting of The Japanese Society of Inflammation and Regeneration. (Osaka)
- MATSUNAGA gave a lecture at the Lille I University (Lille, France) as an invited professor.
- MATSUNAGA visited EHESS (Paris, France) and discussed about framework of Japan-France collaboration. more...
- USUBA and LEE had a poster presentation at the IIS Ph.D. student live. USUBA won the best presentation award. (IIS, Tokyo)
- MATSUNAGA gave a talk at the FEBS workshop -Biological Surfaces and Interfaces: Interface Dynamics-.（Hotel Eden Roc, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Catalonia, Spain）
- The name of our mascot has been elected as “Vessy”.
- Irene Cheng (Clemson University, USA) has joined our group through Amgen Scholars Program.
- Komaba open house will be held from June 2-3.
- Three research articles by RYU, TAKAHASHI and USUBA have been published on SeisanKenkyu.
- TAKAHASHI gave a talk at the conference of the Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering (JSMBE). (Sendai, Tohoku University)
- MATSUNAGA gave a lecture at BIO UT.